Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Month of May


But those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
May is the month of racing! I love it.  We start the month with the Kentucky Derby and end the month with the Indianapolis 500! I think it is fitting that the month of May always seems to go really fast.  The school year comes to an end and summer plans begin to take shape.  Life is busy running from one thing to the next. 
Sometimes, in the midst of our running, it's easy to forget what's going on because chaos is winning.  Usually I am not kind when I am tired. And I should never make a decision when I'm exhausted. But if I am rested because I have taken a "pit stop," I am able to go for longer stretches and at a faster pace. 
I think that in this month of racing, we have a lot to do in the life of our church.  We are preparing to host a mission trip.  We are seeking out ways to serve our community and bring them the love of Christ. A phrase we will use to for our mission trip is, “Love Union City.” So as we lead up to what will be a great experience for youth, adults, and our community, there is work that needs to be done.
I hope that in the midst of the hustle and bustle of this month you are setting apart time to pray for our mission trip and all the kids that are coming in to serve.  I hope you are also asking God for ways you can serve during this mission week. I encourage you to always pray for those who are far from God, and that they will find their way back to Jesus. We are hoping for 100% participation from our congregation, and I know that the people of Wesley UMC are up for the challenge. 
May is a great month full of races! I hope that you are running with God and taking pit stops along the way so that you can serve Christ in all you do!
Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment